Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 16,550: Gratitude

(Photo from the Archives: 1/28/09)

Today I am so grateful ...

For waking up to a mashed potato snowfall. You know what I'm talking about, right? The flakes are fat and wet. They land like shaving cream from an almost-empty can. Trees, fences, everything gets coated in lumpy white. It's a brief winter wonderland that poses no threat and melts away as quickly as it came. Sadly, I am having issues downloading the photo I took. It's lovely. You'll have to trust me, though, and allow the shot above from my archives to serve in its place.

For making new connections in my efforts to locate animal-centered venues (shelters, rescues, sanctuaries, clinics, etc.) in the Greater Cincinnati area that would be willing to host my Animal Reiki classes. It takes time. For now, I'm happy to teach from my home. My dogs and cats are the lucky ducks that get to be the guinea pigs. Confusing, I know, but you get it.

For a brand new box of 64 Crayola crayons. Remember the sharpener? It has one. Oh yeah.

For a dinner date with my man. I was spinning off in a hundred directions when he got home from the office ... caught up in a never-ending list of all I thought I had to do. But he got me to stop. He got me to breathe. He made me laugh. And then he ushered me into the car and toward sustinence. He knows me well. We've been repeating this scenario almost every Friday evening for nearly 20 years.

And, last but not least, for YOU, sharing with me what you're grateful for today.

No comments: